MatRIC is collaborating with The Norwegian Association of Higher Education Institutions (UHR) to develop mathematics video resources to support students' transition from upper secondary school to higher education. In this colloquium, which is organized in collaboration with the University of Tromsø, a selection of videos from the first phase of production will be presented. A keynote lecture will be presented by John Jaworski who has produced mathematics videos for the UK Open University and BBC. John Jaworski will also contribute to the discussion of the recent MatRIC/UHR video production.
MatRIC will cover the cost of the colloquium and overnight accommodation in Tromsø (at MatRIC's designated hotel) for up to 40 participants. Participants are requested to cover the cost of their own travel.
The seminar is open to all higher education mathematics teachers who produce or use video for teaching and learning mathematics, or who are planning to do so.
Location: This colloquium will be held at Mellomveien 110, Tromsø (this is the site of the former Tromsø University College)
- John Jaworski – Keynote lecture: 'Video teaching is easy'
- Presentation of MatRIC/UHR videos by the production group with Tom Lindstrøm (University of Oslo)
- Reviewing and discussing videos produced by MatRIC/UHR group
- Presentation of MOOC produced by University of Tromsø and others
- Brief reports – Morten Brekke (University of Agder), Ragnhild Johanne Rensaa (Narvik University College), & Per Kristian Rekdal (Molde University College)
For the detailed programme click here